Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting ready to go!!

I am nearly there. Tomorrow I leave on the areo-plane. Finally have all my things insured, after all these years of traveling never had proper insurance. My baby is properly insured!

Got to have some good bye hangs with buddies, yesterday . i spent last evening at Grand Central Station with my dear friend Randy. It feels like being in Europe that train station. And there's nice food there, pretty marble things to look at and enough bums talking to themselves to keep the crowd interesting!

Today was a good last day in New York. I rode my bike across the Brooklyn Bridge to do some errands in Manhattan. Why is that bridge so romantic. Is it just stained in peoples brains from the silver screen and we have some sentimental attatchment? Is it because it's been the iconic NYC in all the tourist stations? It gets me every time i ride over. I mean its not a pleasant ride, it's actually a nightmare because it's crawling with tourist who don't have any clue that it's actually a thoroughfare, they just think it's photo op. But I have to say i was so touched today when i saw all of them snapping photos, i was proud of this city and was loving that so many people where admiring it's beauty. Posing against every other cable trying to look cool and collected meanwhile there are buzzing bicycles, power-walkers and tons of tourist not watching where they are walking. It was lovely.

Tonight I hope to make it out for a final brass band dance party at the Bulgarian Bar.

So here's the info on my tour that I am about to embark on. I promise to give it a full try on blogging. I think it will be fun.

The Rhythm Road - American Music Abroad program - formerly known as the Jazz Ambassador program - presents selected professional American musicians on concert tours in countries where there is limited exposure to live American culture. Under an open solicitation, a grant was awarded to Jazz at Lincoln Center to administer the overseas tours as well as the application and audition process to select quartets for the tours.http://www.jalc.org/TheRoad/index.html

No comments: